Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hat Joy

I've discovered an amazingly gratifying project: crocheting hats. I made these two recently for Bean's Winter Warm-Up Drive. The pattern is the "Boy Beanie," originally published in Stitch & Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker (an awesome book!) but also available for free on the Open Source Crochet Project. I added a couple of extra rows to make it warmer.














And this one came together while we watched the delightful Kit Kittredge movie this afternoon. The pattern is the Crazy Easy Urban Chunky Newsboy Cap by Nutella Dreams Late Night Crafts.














I really need one of those styrofoam hat models!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I wished I liked to wear hats. They flatten my hair and make it all staticy. Very cute hats!

Jen :)