Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy new year!

I have big hopes for 2009...flatter abs--yes, but also a gradual move toward a simpler lifestyle.

Some friends and I were talking recently about the potential lifestyle to be gained by cutting back on the hours in our work-week. We'd have more time to exercise, eat well, and rest; grow and preserve fruits and vegetables; maybe bake our own breads. Our stress would begin to dissipate, our children would be happier, and we'd be better citizens of the world.

Of course, this would mean I'd have to stay away from Target. And I know there would be greater hardships and sacrifices, but for the most part it sounds almost idyllic to me. I've been thinking "simple" more and more lately.










Here's to a year of peace, joy, and creativity.

No comments: