Sunday, February 08, 2009

A herd of elephants

My new sewing buddy, Mary Clare, came over this morning and we collaborated on a baby quilt for a colleague. We'd agreed beforehand to embroider elephants on bleached muslin using a cadet-bluish color with a little splash of other colors here and there. Today we framed the five embroidered (plus four simpler) squares with red prints.














One of Mary Clare's elephants (I wish you could see her perfect, tiny stitches here!)...














And one of mine--with, I just noticed--quite a bit of "disappearing" ink remaining...














That last one was a free pattern from Andrea Zuill.

3 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

oh! They are soooo cute!

I know sometimes I have to wet it twice to get all the ink out.

Very very cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those are so cute!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

How adorable!!! Love the little elephants!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea