Sunday, June 08, 2008

Embroidery

I went a little overboard placing orders for flour-sack towels after being inspired by Posie Gets Cozy's free patterns for "Pleasant Kitchen Dishtowels." Not only are Alicia's designs charming, but I love her idea of edging the towels with homemade binding. I ordered from Posh, Colonial Patterns, and Sublime Stitching, and I also picked up a batch of tan-colored organic cotton towels from Target. The towel from Sublime Stitching is by far the nicest and sturdiest, but the Target towels will work well for the state flowers pattern I have on my list. Virginia's flower, the dogwood, is white.

Apparently everyone I know will be receiving an embroidered towel for Christmas. Here's my first project, using Cat-A-Rama from Sublime Stitching.

1 comment:

EV Charger Installation Fort Wayne said...

Thanks foor posting this