Sunday, June 01, 2008

Runner

Today I finished my Anna Banana table runner from Pink Chalk Studio's pattern. I adore this funky floral fabric, and it's all the sweeter having won it during a Free Fabric Friday at Sew, Mama, Sew!
















This was my first foray into free-motion quilting. I took the "easy" way out and went with a simple, wavy checkerboard pattern, but even so I ended up removing quite a few jagged lines of stitching. Mid-way through the project, a friend's visiting mother gave me a free-motion pep talk and a pair of garden gloves with little gripper dots all along the palms. Those, as well as a hint from Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson! to set the stitch length to zero, made a world of difference.

1 comment:

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

This makes me really happy. The flower fabric on the center squares is one of my favorites. I actually made an Anna Banana iteration with that fabric but used it all and didn't have enough to do the final cover with it.